POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Heightfields Heightfields Heightfields.... : Heightfields Heightfields Heightfields.... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfields Heightfields Heightfields....
From: Stefan Bookholt
Date: 22 Jan 1998 17:36:26
Message: <34C7C9EA.396B@pi.net>
Hi 2 all there!!!

Heightfields are very interesting objects... BUT I just can't get them
placed right. I know heightfields are not infinite, but in my scenes I
want them to look like they go all the way to the horizon... just like
planes. But when you scale heightfields very large, they get ugly and
hard to place... When i'm placing it, I'm just guessing the scale and
translate coordinates. And it never suits really. Does anyone has a
solution to this?? Can somewone give me an example (code) of a perfectly
scaled and placed heightfield?? I'll put the gif file (or whatever)
there myself... If anyone can help me with this, mail me at
she### [at] pinet
Thanx!!!