POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : 3D acceleration cards : Re: 3D acceleration cards Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D acceleration cards
From: Dave Tucker
Date: 22 Jan 1998 17:32:58
Message: <34C7C919.37917B21@altatech.com>
I have never heard of such a thing, but I can't see how it would work
seeing how pov is a ray tracer and 3D graphics cards do grouand shading.  The
two are apples and oranges.  Although we have a SGI Iris here that can do some
neat thing like shadows and simulated reflections, it is not doing
raytracing.

--
dav### [at] altatechcom
http://www.altatech.com/