POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV ON MULTI CPU : Re: POV ON MULTI CPU Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV ON MULTI CPU
From: Tim Grubb
Date: 22 Jan 1998 02:07:32
Message: <34C6F034.A7FD492E@neta.com>
The answer is no. Although you can run two copies of POV at the same
time and one process gets put on each CPU and there is no performance
decrease. I recently had a Dual pII 300 here with 256 megs and I ran a
scene file and it took 4 mins. When I started a second copy of POV
running each of the files finished in 4 mins.

Timothy A. Grubb