POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Building povwin : Building povwin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Building povwin
From: Dave Tucker
Date: 16 Jan 1998 15:20:23
Message: <34BFC106.A202E9C1@altatech.com>
Hi all,
    I'm trying to build povray for windows using VC 5.0.  I've been able
build the source using the included project file.  However, povwin_s.zip

doesn't seem to include the source to EDITDLL.DLL.  I would think most
people have been able to use the DLL included in povwin3.exe however,
I am building this on an Alpha machine so the Intel DLL just won't do.
Does anyone know where I can find the source to EDITDLL.DLL?
Does povwin use any other DLLs?  If so, is the source available?
    I would really like to be able to run native Alpha rather than
emulated Intel code.  I have been able to build a command line version
of povray using the windows source and substituting some of the Unix
files.
A hack at best, but I do miss the GUI.

Also, I have been playing around with POV for a few years now but
haven't
had the time to do any real complicated renderings.  I am trying to get
feel for just how fast our machins are (600MHz ) but they don't have
much of a problem with my simple pictures.  Does anyone have any
"hard" renderings they are willing to share the source to?  I am looking

for something that renders in  hours or even days.   I'm not really
interested
in animations, I'm looking for one picture.

Thanks,
   dave

--
dav### [at] altatechcom