POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Animation !!!HELP!!! : Re: Animation !!!HELP!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation !!!HELP!!!
From: Patrick Bass
Date: 5 Jan 1998 09:21:05
Message: <34B0EC50.314F@pdq.not>
Pug wrote:

> When i render an animation say a ball rolling across the screen,
> I get about 20 tga files that i must compile using "Daves .T.A". now how
> do i compile them so i get one .flc instead of 20 .flcs that i must then
> put into a script and view with AAPLAY?

... I scratched my head  on this one until I finally figured out what
you must be doing.  If I follow correctly, you animate your rolling
ball, and the result is twenty .TGA files, named something like
BALL01.TGA through BALL20.TGA, right?  And this is where I got
confused.  Your statement about "so i get one .flc instead of 20 .flcs"
threw me, until I guessed you must be dragging each .TGA file, one at a
time, to DTA and dropping it, each time creating another .FLx file.
Which you then created some gosh-awful script for AA to drag each flick
off your hard disk and show them in sequence.  I can hear your drive
thrash from here.

> Is POV supposed to render on tga
> which you convert (in that case i'm doing somthing wrong in my file code
> and .inc files. OR do i somehow just hilight and drop all the tga files
> into DTA???

...I don't think you can select and drag all the TGA's and give them to
DTA.  You'll get some "bad parameter" bellyache.  Keep in mind the
environment DTA was designed for.  The easiest way I can think of right
offhand for you is something like this.  From your description of
needing DTA and dragging files I am assuming you are using either
Win3.1/95/98 or NT4/5 and are working from the "C:" drive.

1.) Make a new directory, one level down from the root.  Call it
something real easy to type, like "T".  So now you'll have a directory
named "C:\T"
2.) Copy the TGA files you want to animate to it.  Let's say BALL01.TGA
thru BALL20.TGA are in there now.
3.) Copy DTA.EXE into that directory also.
4.) Open a DOS box.
5.) At the "C:" prompt, type "CD \T", without the quote marks, and tap
[Enter]
6.) Your prompt should now look something like "C:\T _".
7.) Type "DTA BALL*.TGA" and tap [Enter]

...a there should be some messages to the screen about where DTA is
while it glues your TGA files into a single Flic file.

8.) Read the DTA document file to discover the different switches you
can use with DTA to make it do different things.

--
Questions?  Comments?
--Patrick Bass

Not a Spammer?  Change "not" to "net" and reply.