POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Dave Oxspring
Date: 28 Dec 1997 03:29:26
Message: <34A60DE6.4D50@cityscape.co.uk>
Kardal wrote:

> Up until today I was doing my geometry wrong also, until I asked my math
> teacher which was axis should be pointing.

??????
There is no "correct" way - just go with the rules specified, as you
say, all it does is give you a tiny bit of hassle at the end before you
post your efforts.

> It really shouldn't be that much trouble.  Just model it in Moray like you
> always would, but keep it centered on <0,0,0>.  You can then fix it with a
> couple rotate and translate commands.
>
> Being an American, using the metric system (1 unit = 25 meters) will be alien
> to me as well.  That is not so easily fixed.

Surely you realise that scaling is just arbitary - if you are using 1
metre not 25, then the whole scene (probably unioned) simply requires a
"scale 1/25".

Mind you, thats all a bit daft now, as the scale has been changed to 1
unit = 1 metre anyway.

> Don't be suprised if my residence is scaled wrong. : )
>
> ~Kardal~

i'm actualy using my dads machine at the minute, and my own address is
rox### [at] geocitiescom

Regards Rob