POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Try these Utils : Try these Utils Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Try these Utils
From: Tim Grubb
Date: 27 Dec 1997 04:32:09
Message: <34A4CB18.BD011042@neta.com>
Sorry about the test. Netscape wouldn't send cause the date on my
computer was set back. Anyway, here are a couple of utils that I have
been working on for POV.
Recently I started looking at these newsgroups and noticed that many
people were
asking for a way to covert their tga series to a movie format. So a
couple of days ago
I wrote a 24bit tga (POV style) to avi (uncompressed) converter. I am
the only one
who has tested it so far. If you could give it a look and give me some
feedback I
would appreciate it. I would have added some type of compression but I
can't find
any good docs that I can use so that it can be written platform
independent. The
second util is an animator for POV. Right now it writes out series as
POV has
no persistent variables. To make a long story short I'll probably have
to customise
the POV binary to get everything to work from one file with one parse.
Any feedback
is welcome. I am uploading the files with this message and they will be
available at
www.wallysoft.com shortly (the Alpha died a horrible death).

                                Thank you,
                                                Timothy A. Grubb

Also the source for tga2avi is included and will compile on just about
anything.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povutils.zip' (272 KB)