POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Kardal
Date: 23 Dec 1997 16:45:39
Message: <34A03102.23EEC837@geocities.com>
Jeff Hauswirth wrote:

> >   I've been spoiled by the powerful and expensive CADKey 97
> (www.cadkey.com).
> > Unfortunatley, I can't use it for pov because there is no cheap direct,
> or even
> > indirect, way to export to pov.  It exports Autocad DXF files, but I
> haven't found
> > a good DXF to Anything I Can Use converter.
> >

> I have wrote a raw file output option in ACIS that will output grouped
> triangles for each face.  Raw output would be real easy for CADKey
> to do since it uses ACIS.  I know the developer that works on CADKey
> and I'll see if he can put in the option for raw output.
>
> Once you have the raw file you can then import it into modelers like
> PoVSB that can handle grouped raw files.
>
>         Jeff

Interesting.  However, most of what you said is greek to me.

If you know CADKey, then you should be able to find out the different formats
it exports to, I don't have them handy.  My school is dedicated to that
program, but if I can get a CADKey2POVRay converter, ANYTHING will be
possible.

Since it is presently Christmas Break here, I won't be able to get you a list
of formats for a couple weeks, but if you need them I can get them.

~Kardal~

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/2352/povpage.html