POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Help! : Re: Help! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help!
From: casper
Date: 22 Dec 1997 19:50:46
Message: <349F0AE6.533710C4@geocities.com>
the only limits to the shareware versions are:
a nag screen each time you create a object. (live with this, i do!!)
can't render resolutions over 640x480 and export .pov files...so:

this is what i do to get higher res and .pov files:

first i downloaded the DOS version of pov-ray (did this so POVLAB could
find a renderer)

ran POVLAB under win95

asked POVLAB to render any file (ex. File.scn), POVLAB creates a temp .pov
file under the povray directory to render it.
after rendering and displaying the scene POVLAB would normaly delete the
temp .pov file and return to the GUI. all you have to do is after pov-ray
renders the file and pauses for the output messeges ALT+TAB to windows,
start the explorer and copy the temp .pov file to another folder (File.pov)
and the include file (File.inc) to the include folder that is under pov-ray
for windows

start pov-ray for windows, open your file and edit the code:
you will have to change the path of the include file from:

#include "C:\POVRAY3\FILE.INC"

to:

#include "FILE.INC"

now you have the source file in .pov and can render in high res!!!