POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Kardal
Date: 18 Dec 1997 16:29:49
Message: <349995CD.B44F0F8C@geocities.com>
Brook Monroe wrote:

> Matthew Mc Clement wrote:
>
> > Kardal wrote:
> > >
> > > Starting with moray?!  I started and still use raw pov code.  Moray is too
> > > confusing.
> >
> > Yup, you're right, moray is to [sic] confusing. I myself tried and then
> > stopped using it almost immediately. Can't get used to the interface.
>
> Obviously you've never seen AutoCAD.  THAT's confusing.  Moray is the
> least-confusing CAD interface I've ever seen, and I'm very surprised to find
> this opinion voiced.  What is it that you find so confusing?  (I'm a
> Moray-for-Windows beta-tester, BTW.)
>
> jbm!

  I've been spoiled by the powerful and expensive CADKey 97 (www.cadkey.com).
Unfortunatley, I can't use it for pov because there is no cheap direct, or even
indirect, way to export to pov.  It exports Autocad DXF files, but I haven't found
a good DXF to Anything I Can Use converter.

I'll have to wait and see what the windows version looks like.

~Kardal~