POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Deadpan Dan O'Really
Date: 16 Dec 1997 19:07:05
Message: <34971df7.0@news.povray.org>
Michael Kent wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've decided that it's time for POVRay to have a place to live [...]

The concept is fascinating, Micheal.

I've downloaded the zip file and attempted to render it on my
Linux box. The Linux version of POVRay uses lower case names
for it's include files and is case sensative. This means that
POVRay for Linux can't grok the upper case DOS/Win95 include
file name convention.

If the Win95 version of POVRay is case INsensative w/r/t file
names in #include statements, could I persuade you to edit
city.pov and change the file names to lower case as a convenience,
to us Unix users?

If this can't be done, then another way to fix the problem is for
Unix users to make symbolic links from the supplied include files
to their upper case equivalents (e.g "ln -s atmos.inc ATMOS.INC", etc.)