POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Jamis Buck
Date: 15 Dec 1997 09:28:05
Message: <34953E75.C1C805EB@cs.byu.edu>
Yah, I'm an american too and the metric stuff always gets me.  so what
i did was make a few defines, as follows:

  // in case i want to conform with the world...
  #declare jgbMeter      = 1/25
  #declare jgbCentimeter = jgbMeter * 0.01
  #declare jgbMillimeter = jgbMeter * 0.001

  // in case i don't... :)
  #declare jgbFoot       = jgbMeter / 3.281
  #declare jgbYard       = jgbFoot * 3
  #declare jgbInch       = jgbFoot / 12

(my initials are jgb, so i append all my variables for my plot with them
so that I can avoid conflicts with someone elses variables).  Then,
whenever I specify sizes & translations & positions, I just say, for
examples, "5*jgbFoot" and voila! i get five feet in the scale
specified.  and i can even mix metric and imperial since the definition
of jgbFoot is based on the definition of jgbMeter.

Anyway.  Just a suggestion i thought might help some people, since it
has saved my hide many times!

- ciao!

Jamis Buck
buc### [at] csbyuedu