POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: George Hunt
Date: 13 Dec 1997 01:52:08
Message: <34922e27.530169791@news.stmuc.com>
On Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:41:10 GMT, mic### [at] enterprisenet (Michael
Kent) wrote:

>5: It has been pointed out that excluding image maps will be a real
>pain for certain things.  How best can these be controlled so as to
>avoid duplicate file names?
I would suggest two things.  One is that all submissions be in a zip
file, even if it is is only one file.  Second, the main directory for
the project would contain only the main scene file and any common
includes that you decide to make part of the project.  Each
contributor would have a single subdirectory off of that main
directory and all files originating with a given author would exist in
his or her directory.

  This eliminates the problem of filename collision, allows a good way
of segregating each contributors pieces of the project and it is
easily facilitated by the ZIP file idea using the "save extra folders
info" (at least that's what it's called in WinZip32

>1: Scale.  Is 1 unit =25m to tight?  If so what about 1 unit = 10 m,
>or  1 unit = 1 m.?

If those are the choices, I'd go with the last one, 1unit = 1 m.

>2....  I also think that the "distance would have to be
>definable in one place so that people can easily tweak it to suit.

Not sure what you mean by this.

>3
  Good

>4: