POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 12 Dec 1997 19:07:05
Message: <3491D1A9.21730BA3@bigfoot.com>
Ken was faster than me on that one, but the *EASY* way out is do your
scene as he says in whatever you like, for instance you want :
1ft=1unit
Z=up
Y=into the screen
X=right
this is a right handed coordinate system

Embed your whole construction into an object :

/*
  world in left handed coordinates, unit = 25 metres
  y = up
  x = right
  z = into the screen
*/
object
{
   /*
       your whole construction goes there,
       it is meant to be starting at <0, 0, 0>
       and extend as far as <738, 738, 164>
       unit in feet
  */
  rotate 90*x
  // that changes :
  // = up(z) to up(-y)
  // = right(x) is preserved
  // = into the screen(z) to into the screen(y)

  scale <1, 1, -1>/82
  // to bring your up(-y) to up(y) and
  // change the scale to 1unit=25metres

  translate to <0.5, -0.01, 0.5>
  // to put it into the first slot allocated,
  // change that translation for another slot
}

I personally find this sort of things easy, if you don't just let me
know exactly what you want and I'll tell you the transformations.

Cherio,
Al.