POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Kardal
Date: 11 Dec 1997 16:14:14
Message: <349057A6.59CE255C@geocities.com>
Brook Monroe wrote:

> Your geometry teacher supported the idea that the Y axis is altitude in a 3-axis
> system?  No wonder the American education system is going to Hell...<G>
>
> I'm not happy with 1 unit=25 meters, either.  I usually use a 1 unit = 1 meter or
> 1 unit = 1 foot scale (depending on what I'm creating); our entire house would
> fit into 1/5 of a unit square at his scale.  I'm not used to drawing things so
> small.  That's a lot of detail to cram into a small space, I'm thinking.
>
> jbm!

I agree with you 100%!  : )

It really should be 1 unit = 1 meter or whatever, even if you do have 5 or 6 digit
numbers after the city starts to get put together, it will make the dimesions seem
more realistic.  This should be fixed asap before this city gets set up too much.

Also, the city uses an ordinary flat plane for the ground.  This could be a problem
if you want a basement.  I think it would be better if you had to have a green cube
underneath your house and you could difference it as needed.  Plus, it adds the
creativity options of being able to set up a desert palace or a volcano fortress by
changing the color and texture of the ground.  Hmm...

~Kardal~