POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Brook Monroe
Date: 11 Dec 1997 12:19:08
Message: <3490208C.C0FE5858@worldnet.att.net>
Alain CULOS wrote:

> Hi Pals,
>
> Sorry to say you are all besides the point.

Principles are never besides the point.

> POV-Ray handles very well both left and right handed systems, just check
> your docs, in WinPov 3.01 check sections :
> ==> 4.1.1 Understanding POV-Ray's Coordinate System
> and
> ==>7.4.4.5.2 Handedness

Whatever.

> That being said, a choice as been made by the main contractor to build a
> left handed world, not a single problem, the one who builds a right
> handed system will simply have to scale his model to <1, 1, -1> then
> rotate it appropriately so that it matches the right directions, then
> translate to the plot - easy.

Great, then I'll just send my scene files to you and you can do it.  It's
already going to be hard enough to create something at the microscopic scale
of 1 unit = 25m (= 82 ft), without having to re-do the scaling and rotation
at the end.

And I still say Z is altitude.

jbm!