POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!!
From: Brook Monroe
Date: 11 Dec 1997 12:12:06
Message: <34901EE6.35AD09D3@worldnet.att.net>
Kardal wrote:

> Up until today I was doing my geometry wrong also, until I asked my math
> teacher which was axis should be pointing.
>
> It really shouldn't be that much trouble.  Just model it in Moray like you
> always would, but keep it centered on <0,0,0>.  You can then fix it with a
> couple rotate and translate commands.
>
> Being an American, using the metric system (1 unit = 25 meters) will be alien
> to me as well.  That is not so easily fixed.
>
> Don't be suprised if my residence is scaled wrong. : )
>
> ~Kardal~

Your geometry teacher supported the idea that the Y axis is altitude in a 3-axis
system?  No wonder the American education system is going to Hell...<G>

I'm not happy with 1 unit=25 meters, either.  I usually use a 1 unit = 1 meter or
1 unit = 1 foot scale (depending on what I'm creating); our entire house would
fit into 1/5 of a unit square at his scale.  I'm not used to drawing things so
small.  That's a lot of detail to cram into a small space, I'm thinking.

jbm!