POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV & OpenGL? : Re: POV & OpenGL? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV & OpenGL?
From: Ken Cecka
Date: 13 Nov 1997 14:47:12
Message: <346b67d1.0@news.povray.org>
Since OpenGL is a rendering accelerator, not a ray-tracing accelerator, it
is only useful for preview mode in a modeler.  Pov on it's own isn't a
modeler, just a ray-tracing engine.  Several of the modelers currently
available for POV already use OpenGL for preview though.  Check out sPatch,
Breeze, PovSB.  I think they all have OpenGL preview, and I'm sure there are
others.

Ken