POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension : Re: Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 16 Nov 1997 10:02:59
Message: <346F0B23.AEE7E427@hal-pc.org>
povray.org admin team wrote:

> I can't say why this would be the case. Extensions do work (I tested one for
> someone else only a few weeks ago). Try turning on debug (use pvengine.exe
> /debug and look for c:\povray.dbg after pvengine has exited.)

I wondered if there was a way to do this - turning on debug.

> If this still doesn't help, then compile the povray for windows source and step
> through the initialisation code (LoadGUIExtensions () in PVGUIEXT.C).

I have taken this route this morning. I am getting an error when I get
to functions.h, from "atmosph.c".  Borland says:

--- code function.h ---
#ifndef RWSTD_NO_NAMESPACE
namespace std {                     <-------- declaration syntax error
#endif
--- end code function.h ---

and:

--- code iostream.h ---
#ifndef __cplusplus
#error Must use C++ for the type iostream.    <-------- Error directive
#endif
--- end code iostream.h ---

the full error for the above code snippet is: "Error directive: Must use
C++ for the type iostream."

So, I cannot compile the pvengine.lib. I can compile the windows GUI for
POV.

Any suggestions?

> If there turns out to be enough interest in GUI extensions I will establish a
> group for it.

This is a great idea. It might be better to add a group for
povray.programming, though, to encompass building/customizing the front
end, as well ...

Thanks,

Jon Berndt