POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension : Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Building the GUIDEMO GUI Extension
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 15 Nov 1997 09:33:24
Message: <346DB2B4.3B71971C@hal-pc.org>
I have been experimenting with the GUIDEMO extension which is contained
in the POV source archive. I am using Borland C++ 5.01a (or b?). The
demo extension compiles fine and I have made the requisite changes to
the source to prevent errors. However, after adding the appropriate line
to the pvengine.ini file nothing happens - not even an error dialog pops
up. I tried changing the name of the extension as shown in the .ini file
to an illegal name, and when I bring up POV the same thing happens, i.e.
nothing. I just get POV-Ray, same as always, with nothing extraordinary
in the GUI Extensions menu (in fact, the grayed out item says: No GUI
Extensions Loaded").

It appears, somehow, that the GUIExtensions line is not being read, or
it is being disregarded:

[GUIExtensions]
UseExtensions=1
ExtDll16=h:\POVRAY\bin\guidemo.pge

I would think that if I changed the name of the extension above to
"guifake.pge" I would get some kind of error like "No such extension".

Has anyone else run into this?

Jon Berndt