POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : What is a "GUI-Extension", and where can I get one? : Re: What is a "GUI-Extension", and where can I get one? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is a "GUI-Extension", and where can I get one?
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 9 Nov 1997 09:20:55
Message: <3465C6C7.14DB1D37@hal-pc.org>
Twyst wrote:

> Pov-Win has a menu that says GUI-Extensions, but I have never seen
> one, or
> even seen any reference to it in the help files...
>
> Any clues?

I am reasonably sure that the GUI-Extensions are capabilities that can
be added by third party developers. The source code is available in the
archives. The documentation should be there for how to add your own
special capabilities to the Windows interface. Probably you would create
a DLL which conforms to some special set of rules, then somehow register
that DLL with POV. When you run POV's Windows front-end it would
recognize this extension and it would show up in the menu under
GUI-Extensions.

Just a guess.

Jon