POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Drop-Down Insert Menu : Re: Drop-Down Insert Menu Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:08:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Drop-Down Insert Menu
From: yesbird
Date: 6 Mar 2023 16:41:59
Message: <3102804d-d55e-a376-7563-b63ca8bf68cd@gmail.com>
On 06/03/2023 15:12, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Certainly taking a mesh and placing it into a well-composed scene, predominately
> governed by the camera location, and giving it 3-point lighting, an HDRI
> lighting sphere, and good radiosity settings would be fairly easy to do and
> really provide instant guidance for even the newest of users.

I remembered another one domain where POV has advantages and where an
accurate lighting environment is important - jewelry.
A few scenes with gems, gold and silver will look very attractive, but
this is a challenging task for experienced POV-ers.

Here described very promising approach to jewelry rendering:
https://www.lilysoft.org/CGI/SR/Spectral%20Render.htm

Unfortunately I still have no time to try it.
--
YB