POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hydraulics (141 kbu) : Re: Hydraulics (141 kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hydraulics (141 kbu)
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 4 Jul 2001 12:50:40
Message: <2sh6ktg921ah9a8eis61daadnlk0p2q36e@4ax.com>
On Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:28:40 +0200, Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde> wrote:

>Yes, wood sounds good, maybe try some IsoWood planks...

IsoWood is nice, but I doubt the detail will be visible.

>For aluminum blurred reflection could look good, it looks too polished as
>it is now and the strong sharp reflections distract from the actual
>shapes.

I'm _very_ anxious to use that as the scene already takes 24 hours at
decent resolution.. I agree on the reflections though. I've been
thinking about making a material_map texture for this purpose.
Attached is a pic of the real thing. Maybe someone has an idea how to
make this with a procedural texture?

ICQ 74734588

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: