POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Annoyed with pov-ray/moray/anim plugin : Re: Annoyed with pov-ray/moray/anim plugin Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Annoyed with pov-ray/moray/anim plugin
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 27 Jul 2001 07:06:18
Message: <2mi2mt027mpc4s5sqj68nolhr1lc7hdb9o@4ax.com>
Hi marc ferguson, you recently wrote in moray.win:
> When I open Moray, then open pov-ray using moray, it opens povray but says
> cannot open povray.please open manually or something like that *BUT* when i
> open pov-ray then open moray from there using the GUI extension, it works
> perfect first time.
How are you starting POV-Ray? With F9? How long is POV-Ray taking to
start up? Moray waits (around) 7 seconds for POV-Ray to start up and
if it isn't up by that time, assumes that POV-Ray could not be started
and gives the message you quoted. What version of POV-Ray are you
using? Do you have to click away any of POV-Rays screen?

You can start POV-Ray and Moray independently of each other. You don't
need to start the one from the other. As soon as both are running,
they connect.

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom