POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Facehugger 2 (47kb) : Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Facehugger 2 (47kb)
From: Alan Kong
Date: 10 May 2000 20:19:03
Message: <2lujhs091fbls4oh9b4vppbftdat6ecilo@4ax.com>
On Wed, 10 May 2000 08:37:10 +0100 "Peter Houston"
<hou### [at] inamecom> wrote:

>I tried to get similar lighting as appear in the film Alien, the med lab in
>that is bright and the light source seems to be the entire ceiling.  If I
>put lights on the scanner I may try lighting the whole scene with just
>those.

  Hi, Peter. If you're using MegaPOV, you might try illuminating the
room with ceiling panels and radiosity. Warp made some nice demo images
last year using radiosity in UVPov (and MegaPOV?) where the room was lit
with an object.

  Keep in mind that in the movie "Alien" the director of photography and
cinematographer can use all sorts of lighting 'tricks' that are not
visible in the film frame. You might be able to use things like
shadowless lights, if that is your goal.