POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : WIP Donut Machine - 1 attachment : Re: WIP Donut Machine - 1 attachment Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Donut Machine - 1 attachment
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 2 Oct 2003 05:22:25
Message: <2irnnvgvuqbghutmfufo796js68l5q7ak3@4ax.com>
On 30 Sep 2003 22:52:45 -0400, Marc Champagne <marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca>
wrote:

>Comments are welcome!

This takes me back more years than I care to remember. I worked a donut machine
one summer holiday job. The donuts were carried from where they were extruded
into the oil by a metal mesh belt. So after the initial bob they were lifted to
just below the surface and stayed there, moving slowly to the end of container
then rising out of the oil to fall into a tray of sugar. So don't over do the
bobbing because they are supported by the conveyor.
The dough in povray.binaries.images looks pretty good too. I look forward with
interest to seeing other WIP and the final result.

Regards
        Stephen