POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bryce : Re: Bryce Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bryce
From: Tina S
Date: 28 Apr 2001 16:11:22
Message: <2i8metc8v037jkdo70j6cou0me7jdslp6q@4ax.com>
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 11:41:01 +0200, "Janne Eriksson"
<jan### [at] idese> wrote:
>A friend of mine claims that Bryce is the one and only 3D program to use...
>I have never used Bryce myself, only POV Ray, and would like to ask some
>more experienced users here for some more info on Bryce, e.g. comapred to
>POV Ray...? Is POV the winner :-) ?

For things involving height fields or objects that can be represented
similarly, Bryce is quite useful; it's far easier to tweak and test
them then it is in POV, IMO. But I find it very difficult to work with
for anything else; it makes far more sense to me to lay stuff out with
coordinates than by moving stuff around on the screen (and for the
same reason I don't use programs like Moray). I also don't like the
texturing model as much as I do POVRay's.

I feel like I've got greater control in general in POVRay, overall. I
have seen some spectacular images done in Bryce, though. I suspect
that to some extent the answer is that it depends both on the artist
and the type of images one wishes to create. But I'm odd; I don't
believe in One True Program under any circumstances. :)