POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glassy markings on checkered plane : Re: Glassy markings on checkered plane Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glassy markings on checkered plane
From: povray
Date: 11 Mar 2005 09:48:12
Message: <2b32.42308f03.7b201@titanic>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Just fooling around; opinions still accepted :).
>
> A lossless 1600x1200 -version (618k) also available:
> http://www.zbxt.net/misc_images/kyssari.png

	Nice bit of work.
	This is purely a subjective comment but the colors of the
lights are kind of harsh to my eyes: I would perhaps make the
checkers light gray and dark gray instead of black and white
and maybe also reduce the saturation of the colors of each light.
Still: it is your picture and if that is the effect you were
shooting for, more power to you.
	At the cost of render time you might want to play with
area lights to get fuzzy shadows.
	I also wonder how this would look with photons.  :)

--
to all the companies who wait until a large user base becomes
dependant on their freeware, then shafting said happy campers with