POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : geometry : Re: geometry - udo.png (0/1) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: geometry - udo.png (0/1)
From: ssobol2533
Date: 20 Oct 2000 17:36:12
Message: <2ae1vso717hg4567egtruuh78k66gasrmq@4ax.com>
Lutz,

Thanks. That helps some, but it is still trial and error.

I have used UDO's in the past by generating the object using a cad
program and importing it in to Moray. However, when you cut a UDO the
light which comes in the hole is visible on the outside of the object.

The picture attached shows a UDO object both with and without a hole
in the far side. As you can see there is a bright patch on the near
side from the light coming through the hole.

I am trying to make the object in the picture using CSG, but figuring
the angles to cut the tapered ends is difficult.

Stefan