POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : - furball.mov (0/3) Furball (Quicktime, 833 kB) : - furball.mov (0/3) Furball (Quicktime, 833 kB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 01:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  - furball.mov (0/3) Furball (Quicktime, 833 kB)
From: Reusser
Date: 29 Nov 2001 22:56:35
Message: <291120012153156047%reu1000@chorus.net>
Sorry for the large post size, but any lower quality and it really
starts to leave compression artifacts :(
Due to the lack of free time I've been having lately, here's another
quick little idea I've been working on for a couple of days.  I think
this idea could have some potential, but does anyone know how to evenly
distribute points on an arbitrary model?  trace(object, random_vector,
random_vector)?  Without this, it would be pretty difficult to make
anything useful.  The fur is really pretty simple though.  Just five
cones per hair, with persistent variables turned on.  Really quick with
1500 hairs, too.

 - Rico