POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 1 Apr 2002 (beta15) and request : Re: Known bugs 1 Apr 2002 (beta15) and request Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 1 Apr 2002 (beta15) and request
Date: 2 Apr 2002 06:27:46
Message: <275jau020krmtkpeehvngo79toqgmsl253@4ax.com>
On 1 Apr 2002 08:30:59 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>  Officially confirmed bugs:
>  -------------------------
> * Macro bug (job000146)

still exist

> * Several blob bugs (job000189)
> blob problem

still exist

> Blob : Toward a solution
> http://news.povray.org/3B991C90.D715B7A3@free.fr

still exist

> Possible bug with blobs
> http://news.povray.org/3c407ad3$1@news.povray.org

still exist

> Additional (?) blob bug
> http://news.povray.org/Xns9115B92CF7D8ACQ@204.213.191.226

still exist

> Blob rendering error
> http://news.povray.org/Xns91203DC7F3CCQ@204.213.191.226

still exist

> Bug with blobs and media
> http://news.povray.org/3be5f0b2@news.povray.org

still exist

> Blob component textures transformed twize
> http://news.povray.org/3bf70645@news.povray.org

still exist

> blob casting incorrect shadows on itself
> http://news.povray.org/Xns919C1CAA3E23Egerovandordatanethu@204.213.191.226

still exist

> * Superellipsoid bug (job000190)

still exist

> * Slowdown using +a +am1 +ua (job000191)
>  (Using +ua and antialiasing with method 1 causes abnormal slowdown.)

can't recreate
any reference to original script ?

>* Color dot operators as macro parameters bug (job000201)

still exist

> * Radiosity doesn't take double_illuminate into account (job000207)

still exist

> * Mapping warps+transformation bug (job000212)

still exist

> * Photon bug (job000213)

still exist

> * POV-Ray crashes with some very long function definitions

still exist

>* Crash with "Reallocing Finite with extension"

still exist

>* max_trace_level affects radiosity recursion_limit
>  (This is a design decision and the possibility of a change is being studied.)

still studied probably

>  Bugs with no official confirmation:
>  ----------------------------------
>* Crash with empty scene

verified by Rune, fixed by Thorsten now probably

>* Media problem
>  (A visible whitish line appears at the edge of a transparent container
>  box for media. Needs confirmation.)
>  Reported in:
> Media visible container line in front of object
> http://news.povray.org/3bf45a3d@news.povray.org

I can confirm appearance of bright line. I have changed camera location in
example to location <1+clock, 1.7, -5> and started animation.
I have rendered with +FN with standard settings 800x600, AA 0.3.

> * Prism transformation problem
>   (Conic prism illumination is not correct after certain rotations. Bug
>   status unclear.)

Note I have repeated this behaviour with matrix also (coded rotation)
http://news.povray.org/d1oh6u821648rvs7frgmt4cl7u41s6cmmo%404ax.com

>   (Note: It has been reported that this bug would not happen in POV-Ray 3.1.
>     This needs verification.)

What about recompilation of 3.1 with the same compiler and settings as current
betas to verify compiler issues ?

>   Reported in:
> rare conic prism bug
> http://news.povray.org/3C51212E.9090707@irrwerk.de

still appear, hard to say what it is

>* Shadow rendering problem

At first I think originall report needs some changes. First instead multiplying
coordinates of camera probably scale sc should be applied at end. Second
light_source should be also scaled with sc to recreate the same exact world.
Anyway I think it is EPSILON problem.

> * Crash during radiosity pretrace
>  (Needs confirmation.)

since example crashed after 7 hours on Athlon 1 GHz, 512 Mb RAM
I'm probably not the best person to check this with poor PII 233 MHz, 128 MB

>* Slope pattern problem
>  This issue is being investigated.

So nothing to confirm probably (but still exist)

> * library_path to network drives problem

Can't confirm becouse no such enviroment possibilites at this moment

> * Image_maps using png images are gamma-corrected (when they shouldn't)
>  (Confirmed by users.)

Can't confirm becouse lack in knowledge.

>  Fixed bugs:
> * CPU time used printing problem
>   (CPU time used in NT-derived OS's not reported in stream when render
>   completes normally. Confirmed by users.)
>   Reported in:
> [win] "cpu time used" not works properly
> http://news.povray.org/llj84uk2findr74u9jpge6dlteqf19c70o@4ax.com

this is not fixed in beta 15
when +GAout.txt is used then cpu time not appear in stream

ABX