POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : SIMD implementation of dot-product in POV-Ray??? : Re: SIMD implementation of dot-product in POV-Ray??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:27:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SIMD implementation of dot-product in POV-Ray???
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Nov 1999 07:14:11
Message: <271119990714159449%chrishuff_99@yahoo.com>
In article <383FC8FF.5C5AC270@tidax.se>, Goran Begicevic
<gor### [at] tidaxse> wrote:

> > Wouldn't that make the program processor dependent? I thought that
> > the teams wanted their work to be portable.

> Who cares as long as it's faster.

A lot of people, actually. And the precision loss would create other
problems.

> Most of new POV-patches are processor dependent anyway.

Which ones? I can only think of the #system patch, which is actually OS
dependant, not processor dependant. I don't think there has been one
processor dependant patch(except maybe PVMPOV).

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom