POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Darwin 3.5? : Re: Darwin 3.5? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Darwin 3.5?
From: Elijah Sarver
Date: 25 Jul 2002 22:42:33
Message: <250720022242325681%spam-lowmagnet@is-speakeasy.bad-net>
In article <3d3f0012@news.povray.org>, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>   On the other hand, command-line version of povray + emacs is the best
> possible combination anyways. :)
>
>   (Ok, ok, I like winpov, even though I miss a few emacs features.)

I like winpov too. It doesn't need OS <X blessed files for it to work.
It doesn't lock up whilst saving files (happened to me yesterday, had
to force quit.. glad it wasn't important stuff) and its help file is
quite easy to navigate and is quite up to date.

There is the threading issue, which is why i want to go to the
unix-based software. I think that  that in combination with an editor
like emacs is really all one needs.

I like OSX a lot, but carbon apps just don't bridge the old and the new
very well for me. Too much abstraction can't be all good for
performance. I know what abstraction does -- i'm a performance analyst
for a software company.