POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Questions about MacMegaPov : Questions about MacMegaPov Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:44:48 EDT (-0400)
  Questions about MacMegaPov
From: Reusser
Date: 24 Oct 2001 17:44:51
Message: <241020011639067497%reu1000@chorus.net>
Even though a version of 3.5 will be out soon with carbon support, I
have a couple of questions about MacMegaPov .7 (july 17,2001).

1)  Due to the fact that my files have become more complex and have
longer parsing times, I noticed that there seems to be somewhat of a
bug in the parsing window.  If I scroll one line up as it is parsing so
I don't see the .....'s flowing accross, the parsing time is cut just
about in half.  It also speeds things up even more if I close the
window altogether.  Why is this?  Is there a way to have it parse at
full speed and see the debug statements?

2)  My other observation is regarding a possible bug with multiple
users for OS X.  I have found that it simplifies many things to have a
separate profile for me and my parents, however the files created in
the original profile (theirs) will not open in the same copy of megapov
in my profile.  Is it megapov or the mac os that causes this?

Neither of these observations are what I would consider big problems,
but I was just curious since they can cause some inconveniences.  If
nothing else, they might be taken into consideration in future
versions.

 - Rico