POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: The graveyard shift II - bal1408e003a4.mpg : Re: The graveyard shift II - bal1408e003a4.mpg Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:57:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The graveyard shift II - bal1408e003a4.mpg
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 19 Dec 2003 06:11:46
Message: <23n5uv4ncvl9mbnv6k48teo476oun9i0rf@4ax.com>
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:22:24 +0100, Erhard Ducke <duc### [at] gentlemansclubde>
wrote:

>Very cool!
>I think the dancers should come FROM earth and not dance towards earth
>(unless you want to symbolize reincarnation)...
>another suggestion: Earth should be smaller and standing still -

Thanks for the criticism it is much appreciated. The symbolism is taken from
"Death's jest book" by "Thomas Lovell Beddoes" illustrating Hans Holbein's The
Dance of Death. It shows everyday scenes of death and dying in the 16th century.
http://www.godecookery.com/macabre/holdod/holdod.htm
Death is represented by a skeleton. This animation is Death setting out to visit
Earth. (Pretentious, or what?)
My wife agrees with you that the Earth should be smaller about the size of the
Moon as seen from the Earth. I made it large to give a sense of unreality along
with the hand drawn mountains.

>I know
>this is hard for an animator NOT to rotate it...;-)

How very true:-} Less is more in this case, then.

Regards
        Stephen