POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alcove, The second rendition (65K) : Re: Alcove, The second rendition (65K) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 05:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alcove, The second rendition (65K)
From: Peter Popov
Date: 11 Sep 2000 22:47:34
Message: <236rrs8gmu2tq5fignqnhdstuasif0fvga@4ax.com>
On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 00:27:07 -0700, Thomas Lake <tla### [at] homecom>
wrote:

>I don't know why all the images I post here seem darker than they do on my
>Hard Drive?? This image looks quite a lot brighter on my HD, perhaps it has to
>do with all the white in surrounding it in the news reader. If you want to
>view it properly, may I suggest that you view this, full screen against a
>black background.

Use a gamma of 1.0 in the global_settings when using radiosity (as of
why, ask Kari, he seems to be able to explain it the best) and adjust
your gamma in the main .ini (measuring it first, of course :)) )

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet