POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Transfuturepose - transfuturepose.jpg (0/1) : Re: Transfuturepose - transfuturepose.jpg (1/1) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transfuturepose - transfuturepose.jpg (1/1)
From: IMBJR
Date: 4 Sep 2002 15:09:39
Message: <22mcnu46t1h14qvipp0e4te8n9emllm01t@4ax.com>
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:58:11 -0500, "hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet>
wrote:

>"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 21:23:54 -0500, "hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet>
>> wrote:
>> >I can't think of anything else about this picture except that, sorry.
>>
>> Why be sorry? It's purely for you to feel what you feel about what you
>> see.
>
>Well, I hate to not express opinion or criticism when I have the chance ;-)
>
>Looking again, now I notice how centralized the figure is. In art and
>photography that can be a bad thing, idea would be to have the extended arm
>or bent back head pointing into a central part of the picture I guess, which
>would mean to place the whole body off to the lower-right.

While that's one possibility, there are just too many others. I tend
not to worry about moving the viewer's eyeballs about the scene since
Nature doesn't tend to worry about it either.

As for centrality being so-called "bad", I'm wary of any form of
doctrine or dogma that says such is such. I've gone on record stating
that symmetry is wrong, and then have illustrated its wonders vividly.

> It's that rule of
>thirds thing. I don't tend to try that a lot myself, I usually concentrate

Yeah, I think we should be able to walk away from tried methods.

>on a particular thing and frame in around it. Actually this rendering kind
>of focuses at a little upper-left, but otherwise appears balanced centrally,
>as seen by me anyway.

Mmm, upper-left but central! Sorry, just a gentle leg-pull.

>If I were to make an observation about the idea this picture shows it would
>be a suspension between life and death. I haven't figured out the title yet,
>between future positions perhaps? :-)

Yup, between life and the afterlife - for after all, why would such a
structure be required if there was just the Void?

The title is 'transpose' and 'future' and even 'pose' - it's possibly
an overly-allusive fudge.

http://www.imbjr.com