POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Darwin 3.5? : Darwin 3.5? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Darwin 3.5?
From: Elijah Sarver
Date: 22 Jul 2002 16:02:20
Message: <220720021602190627%spam-lowmagnet@is-speakeasy.bad-net>
My question is simple: will there be a darwin 3.5 source package or
binary available on fink or through other sources any time soon? The
reason I ask is because the 'official' Mac 3.5 version, while decent,
doesn't offer the raw performance a straight cli app can offer, or at
least that's a theory I want to test. I think a lot of the problems
with 3.5 are due to carbon lib restrictions and the easiest way to
avoid the restrictions is to run the pure unix port.

Any info would be appreciated. Since darwin distros are unofficial, I
haven't seen any word, and so I naturally wonder about progress in this
regard.

--eli