POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IsoStones : Re: IsoStones Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoStones
From: povray
Date: 14 Sep 2005 10:49:21
Message: <21d7.432838ce.bab81@localhost>
PM 2Ring wrote:
> This group of stones is a single isosurface. The wet sand is a
> normal-perturbed plane. The stone textures are the standard textures
> in stones.inc.
>
> Now I just need to figure out how to perturb the stones' positions a bit
> more...

Is there a particular reason you desired to make all the stones
one isosurface?  it seems like you'd get a faster render time if
they were seperate objects.  This in turn would allow their
positions to be perturbed more.  I also notice that the rocks
are all smooth.  Perhaps you could use a blob object instead of
an isosurface for a further increase in speed.

I picture something like ... defining 12 different rock shapes.
Then, whenever you place a rock, randomly pick which of the 12
pre-defined rock shapes to place.  Rotate it randomly y before
placing it.  As each one is placed, randomly texture it.