POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : kpovmodeler + povray 3.7 : kpovmodeler + povray 3.7 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:28:03 EDT (-0400)
  kpovmodeler + povray 3.7
From: John Coppens
Date: 6 Apr 2011 10:08:51
Message: <20110406110850.28a92506.john@johncoppens.com>
Hello people...

The SVN version of kpovmodeler compiles well, but isn't really
compatible anymore with 3.7 (only recognizes 3.1 and 3.5). In
particular, the +QR option is not recognized by the newer povray.
I'm no great C++ programmer, and even less knowledgeable about Qt,
so I solved the options issue by gluing bothe KPM and povray together
with a small Tcl script which removes unwanted options (see below).

That works fine, but the TGA image generated by povray, and sent to
stdout, is not recognized by KPM. I tried to write it to disk, and
only Gimp actually reads it (GQview, Geeqie, and other don't).

Is the TGA generated by povray some special variant?

John

#!/usr/bin/tclsh

set cmd "exec -ignorestderr -- povray"

foreach arg $argv {