POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet Earth : Re: Planet Earth Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet Earth
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 3 Jun 2006 13:41:25
Message: <20060603184124.290c9831@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> Kindergarten
> Lederhosen
> Angst
> Blitzkrieg
> Lebensraum
Gestalt
Shadenfreude

But if you allow etymologically German words as well as relative
newcomers to English, the list would be practically endless. English is
a Teutonic language, after all, and we have words from pretty much all
the European languages as well as a load from further afield.

A random page from my dictionary of etymology gives
fop
forage
forbid
fordo
forget
forlorn
as being of German or Old High German origin, and about half of the
others have come via the German.

--
"It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle,  effective as it is,
cannot  replace  the effect  produced  by the  speed of  the horse,  the