POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What on earth(2)...? [340kB] : Re: What on earth(2)...? [340kB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What on earth(2)...? [340kB]
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 7 Aug 2005 05:21:20
Message: <20050807102120.26348b71@dh286.pem.cam.ac.uk>
> OK, first person to figure out *what on earth* I've got POV-Ray to
> render here will get... uh... my respect.  ;-)
>
> Perhaps not as difficult as Andrew's, but it was more or less the
> reaction of some of my collegues when I put this up on a poster
> session in a scientific conference (biomedical engineering and
> medical physics). Well, it was a *poster* session, wasn't it?
> Never had so much questions about a poster before. I normally
> try to be as clear as possible.

The bits of string tied round everything seem to be isotherms or
something similar. Have the flask things been heated and then inserted
into a bowl of water?

--
Stop the infinite loop, I want to get off!     http://surreal.istic.org/
Paraphernalia/Never hides your broken bones,/ And I don't know why you'd