POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb : Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Aug 2003 05:03:12
Message: <20030819110340.7df7c7a4.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
Hi Christoph:

> Looks very good although the detail level of course is not suited for
> a much larger render.

  Yes, but only for the moment... :) Anyhow the final render will not be
very big. I heavily use the low resolution to hide my lazyness. :(

> It is crying out loud for being rendered in HDR
> file format though (so you can turn up the brightness and view the
> shadow parts as well).  You could also render a nice light probe from
> it...

  Again, I must try MegaPOV...

> The palms are double_illuminate i assume?

  Of course! I think it works prety well for leaves. There is also a bit
of filter.

> BTW if you have a nicely working version of the skylight include file
> it would be great if you could share it.  The one posted in p.b.s-f.
> seems to be buggy in some ways and i have not yet found the patience
> to work though all the suggestions for fixes etc. that have been
> posted in reply.

  Well, I don't know if the version I have is really a "working one".
That is, I don't know if it really follows perfectly the original
algoritm. But it surely gives results very similar to the images from
the original paper.

  Mine is a version revised by Ive (I've done nothing here) to use his
CIE.inc included on Lightsys. Philippe allowed it to be part of the next
Lightsys version, wich I will release soon (as always, making the docs
and examples is a real pain...).

  Thanks for the comments!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres