POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb : Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Remake in progress (RIP? :) - 109Kb
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Aug 2003 04:59:40
Message: <20030819110009.1c88393c.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
Hi Hugo:

> Personally, I would give the image more dynamic compression, to
> brighten the building and the trees. Maybe the building is also a tad
> too blue and cold. On a technical note, my first interpretion was that
> not enough sunlight bounces off from the ground onto the walls, so all
> we have left is skylight. After a closer look I realize it does
> bounce, as can be seen on the snip of the building at the upper left.

  Well, it has poor quality rad settings for now. Recursion limit is 1,
so the light bounces mainly from the sky. I will try 2 for the final
render, if I can't wait that long...

> But I would probably try increasing radiosity brightness and lowering
> the skylight, or just adjust the white-balance. I would also use Kari
> Kivisalos exposure control to avoid the sunlit area gets brighter than
> it already is.

  I'm planning to save rad data with a much brighter light, so it will
improve the shadowed parts. If this doesn't work I must finally start
using MegaPOV...

> The building seems as much in focus as the water fountain. The space
> allocated for the building is rather big, and so the overall
> impression is dark.

  Well, the camera is the same as the original scene... and I like it.
The main subject, even if the name doesn't suggest it, it's the "patio".

  Thanks!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia