POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Promotheus-class Corvette...again... : Re: Promotheus-class Corvette...again... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Promotheus-class Corvette...again...
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 11 Jun 2003 01:37:42
Message: <20030611110720.00001f8a.kedarCIRCLED_Apatilkedar.com@PCKPATIL>
On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:31:28 +0200
Timon Christl <me### [at] christltimonde> wrote:

> I cannot see that image in Mozilla Mail/News. AFAIK MailNews
> needs each image to be a separate part in a multipart message
> (that's what the MIME standard was created for anyway), inline
> Base64 encoded images won't work. Decoding such images manually
> after cut&paste is no big problem as long as I won't have to do
> it more than once or twice a day :-)

I was quite frustrated with cut-paste-decode-view cycles for such
posts until I switched to [Sylpheed mail/news client + UUDeview]
combo.  Since then I don't care whether the images are inline or
otherwise.

UUDeview is nice -- it's available for *nix and Windoze, it can
decode multiple encoded files in a single message, single file
split in multiple messages, it supports many encodings, it has GUI as
well as commandline version, etc.

-Kedar