POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wavelength to RGB converter? : Re: Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
11 Jun 2024 04:38:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 1 Mar 2003 07:53:25
Message: <20030301135324.6a16c4c3.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:01:42 +0000
kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:

> I want the old image to be shown in the original wavelength colour,
> and the new one in the colour of the new wavelength, as closely as
> practical. So for each wavelength there would be a value in a lookup
> table for the RGB to use.
>
> When we use a large number of wavelengths, as in white light, I want
> to see a more or less continuous spectrum of light, with each spectral
> image in its correct position.

  Check CIE.inc conained on my lightsys package (Ive posted the URL on
a previous reply). It has some macros to convert wavelength to several
RGB color systems, based on the CIE XYZ color space tranformations. Ive
done all this job alone, as a replacement for my lightsys color macros,
which used a poor aproximation at first based on Dan Bruton algorithm.

  Using CIE.inc, you sould be done with the Wavelength(W) macro, where
W is the wavelength in nm.( the default color system is sRGB). Have fun!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org