POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amber? : Re: Amber? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amber?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 5 Dec 2002 09:33:52
Message: <20021205153352.05b31d4e.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 02:22:37 +0100
"Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> wrote:

> [...] Was this technique (so to say) invented by you?

  Surely hundreds of pov users tried that before... I just have done my
own attempt, with decent results for some situations, but only to find
that "surface microstructures" are something too hard to simulate with
micro-normals, or even with "real" micro-displacememnt (for example with
isosurfaces or fine meshes), mainly because you must use a really big
amount of samples per pixel.

> >   The table on the lab of a naturalist?
>
> Hmm, one more room to create. We will see.

  A close-up of the work table will be enough (a view similar to the
test scene), perhaps showing just one wall and other amber pieces, some
with strange/uknown insetcs.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia