POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Amber? : Re: Amber? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amber?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 4 Dec 2002 14:19:33
Message: <20021204201931.307728ef.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:01:22 +0100
"Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> wrote:

  Very good! Your texturing skills are getting really good (I really
liked the gold on the Dragon).

> Does this look like amber?

  Yes, it is very recognizable (the insect inside helps, no doubt).

> Once I had a similar piece, but I have lost it long ago (among many
> other things) at one of my numerous removals so I do not have any
> reference object here. I also did not find any good picture in the
> web.

  You don't use Google? My first try many reference photos:

http://images.google.com/images?q=amber+insect&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

  As you see, the colors vary from a dark orange to yellow. I suppose
there are many kinds of amber out there.

> Until now I have no scene idea for this amber (?) piece,  suggestions
> are welcome.

  The table on the lab of a naturalist?

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres