POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another chess set : Re: Yet another chess set Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another chess set
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 1 Dec 2002 05:14:00
Message: <20021201154257.7ccc5645.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
On Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:34:18 -0500, Scottish the pig typed
something like this:

> All right, here's an update. Slightly softer shadows... small
> modifications. Getting a little better, though the knight could
> use some help.

Very nice.  I like the haziness as it is now.  I like that only
the chess set is colored and rest is gray.

The thing that amazes me is that if you don't consider the chess
set there is only a gray gradient.  But when put the chess set
in, the same gradient becomes a 3D view of a "ground" fading into
the distance.  Sort of optical illusion.

-Kedar