POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : hmm coffee... : Re: hmm coffee... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hmm coffee...
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 28 Nov 2002 03:33:27
Message: <20021128093331.737a391d.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:07:16 +0100

> Nice, but you should clean that coffee pot. ;-)

  Never!  Only when a percolator gets that used it begins to make good
coffe. Seriously!

> Concerning the lighting, i think when reflection is involved it is
> usually a good idea to use Jaime's technique for the radiosity
> calculation, i.e. take the radiosity data with dummy textures without
> reflection and reuse it.  It might be necessary to do this
> precalculation at a higher resolution but it usually leads to fast and
> smooth results.

  Hmmm... actually I always render the precalculation at half resolution
but with higher settings than I will use with the real scene. I usually
get ride of the artifacts raising the error_bound a bit on the final
render.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia